The Best 40 Quotes for Entrepreneurs
All business-savvy entrepreneurs know to look to those who’ve already succeeded in their field for advice. If you’re the same way, you can take a look at these 40 quotes by some of the most successful entrepreneurs of all time. These words are from entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs. These quotes will inspire you to better yourself and your business even further.
Business magnate, engineer, industrial designer, and philanthropist. Founder, CTO, and CEO of SpaceX and co-founder of Tesla.
Estimated net worth: 93.2 billion USD.
1. “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.”
2. “I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better.”
3. “Some people don’t like change, but you need to embrace change if the alternative is a disaster.”
4. “Work like hell. I mean you just have to put in 80 to 100 hour weeks every week. This improves the odds of success. If other people are putting in 40-hour workweeks and you’re putting in 100-hour workweeks, then even if you’re doing the same thing, you know that you will achieve in four months what it takes them a year to achieve.”
5. “Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.”
Software developer turned business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. Best known for co-founding the Microsoft Corporation.
Estimated net worth: 116.1 billion USD.
6. “I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”
7. “If you are born poor it’s not your mistake, but if you die poor it’s your mistake.”
8. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.”
9. “I believe that if you show people the problems and you show them the solutions they will be moved to act.”
10. “We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don’t let yourself be lulled into inaction.”
Industrialist and business magnate. Founder of the Ford Motor Company.
Previous estimated net worth: 200 billion USD.
11. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
12. “Don’t find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.”
13. “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.”
14. “Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.”
15. “It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste.”
Entrepenuer, co-founder and CEO of the personal genomics company 23andMe.
Estimated net worth: 690 million USD.
16. “We should all revel in tons and tons and tons of ideas. Some of them will manifest and lead to a discovery, and some will not.”
17. “I believe that we all have the freedom to shape our own life and the world around us.”
18. “I think that for people who are trying to make a difference, you have to start the company being naive. You wouldn’t do it if you understood all the work. I work a lot. I wish it was easier.”
19. “There’s a beauty in being unrealistic.”
20. “I think being on a constraint with money makes you much more creative.”
Writer, founder and spokesperson for Mrs. Fields Bakeries.
Estimated net worth:$200 million USD.
21. “Reach for the stars. And realize that it is never too late – not now, not ever – for you to pursue your passion, your pursuit of perfection. And most importantly, your perseverance for making it happen.”
22. “Good enough never is. Set your standards so high that even the flaws are considered excellent.”
23. “Don’t stop at the first no. You have to be a risk-taker. If there weren’t room for creativity, the patent office would close down.”
24. “If that’s what everybody else is doing, that is not what I’m going to do!”
25. “I use my experience, my failures, my successes, and help people stay focused.”
COO of Facebook, founder of LeanIn.org. Entrepreneur and philanthropist.
Estimated net worth: 1.8 billion USD.
26. “The easy days ahead of you will be easy. It is the hard days — the times that challenge you to your very core — that will determine who you are. You will be defined not just by what you achieve, but by how you survive.”
27. “The ability to learn is the most important quality a leader can have.”
28. “We hold ourselves back in ways both big and small, by lacking self-confidence, by not raising our hands, and by pulling back when we should be leaning in.”
29. “Bring your whole self to work. I don’t believe we have a professional self Monday through Friday and a real self the rest of the time. It is all professional and it is all personal.”
30. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat.”
Author, actress, show host, and producer turned successful entrepreneur. Founder of O, The Oprah Magazine and philanthropist.
Estimated net worth: 2.5 billion USD.
31. “We can’t become what we need to be by remaining what we are.”
32. “Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.”
33. “The big secret in life is there is no secret. Whatever your goal. You can get there if you’re willing to work.”
34. “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.”
35. “It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you – always.”
John D. Rockefeller
Founder of the Standard Oil Company, business magnate and philanthropist. Although he was born into a poor family, he is now considered as the wealthiest person in modern history.
Previous peak estimated net worth: 418 billion USD (adjusted for inflation).
36. “I do not think that there is any other quality soessential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature.“
37. “ believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty.”
38. “I had no ambition to make a fortune. Mere money-making has never been my goal, I had the ambition to build.”
39. “Many of us who fail to achieve big things … fail because we lack concentration — the art of concentrating the mind on the thing to be done at the proper time and to the exclusion of everything else.”
40. “Success comes from keeping the ears open and the mouth closed.”
People aren’t born as entrepreneurs, but it’s what they strive to be. Entrepreneurs are made over stressful and difficult times, with the help of perseverance, hope, and some inspiration. Use these inspirational words said by some of our greatest entrepreneurs to help you on your road to success. Don’t forget to sign up for our email list for more inspiration and motivation.